Naruto Wars
Welcome to Naruto-wars, please enjoy your stay and register today. Here you can Role play with one of the best rpg systems on the web! You can also View all the Naruto videos, read all the manga, talk about Naruto, other anime, and much much more! Join us today and begin your Adventure.
Naruto Wars
Welcome to Naruto-wars, please enjoy your stay and register today. Here you can Role play with one of the best rpg systems on the web! You can also View all the Naruto videos, read all the manga, talk about Naruto, other anime, and much much more! Join us today and begin your Adventure.
Naruto Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Copied!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tobirama Senju
Chuunin

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:22 am

Why are you letting the RPG Leaders copy a system from another forum Toad?
Back to top Go down
Shisui Uchiha
Shisui Uchiha
Earth Daimyō

Shinobi Profile
Character Stats:
Jutsu List:
Items:

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:57 am

I believe the same! I've seen this forum base system many places this dude is a copy cat who cant create a real system.
Back to top Go down
Hiro Yui
Hiro Yui
RPG System Leader

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:22 pm

I didn't copy it, I just suggested the same system on multiple places (not that they accepted it).

And just so you know, I invented this system.
Back to top Go down
Shisui Uchiha
Shisui Uchiha
Earth Daimyō

Shinobi Profile
Character Stats:
Jutsu List:
Items:

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:42 am

Hiro Yui wrote:
I didn't copy it, I just suggested the same system on multiple places (not that they accepted it).

And just so you know, I invented this system.

Look i'm not trying to start a fight but this system sucks it's the main reason you dont see a lot of people playing on other forums. I know I dont want a mod or admin picking who they think the better role player is and that's who wins the fight.

Any RPG has a way to know who wins the fight.
Back to top Go down
Hiro Yui
Hiro Yui
RPG System Leader

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:17 am

[quote="Shisui Uchiha"]
Hiro Yui wrote:
Any RPG has a way to know who wins the fight.

And what is that way? Tell me and we'll use it.
Back to top Go down
Shisui Uchiha
Shisui Uchiha
Earth Daimyō

Shinobi Profile
Character Stats:
Jutsu List:
Items:

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:37 am

All RPG was a system that has health or HP and when that hits 0 your character loses or dies.
Back to top Go down
Hiro Yui
Hiro Yui
RPG System Leader

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Shisui Uchiha wrote:
All RPG was a system that has health or HP and when that hits 0 your character loses or dies.

Goes to show you didn't read the whole thing. I already wrote in the rules that "when Stamina hits 0, the ninja dies or faints". Which means here "Stamina" IS "HP".

Ok, that aside, let me ask you this. How do you reduce "HP" (or in this case Stamina) without using a fully-statistical system? I know for a fact that the vast majority of RPers can't stand fully-statistical systems because of all the calculation they have to do each post.
Back to top Go down
Shisui Uchiha
Shisui Uchiha
Earth Daimyō

Shinobi Profile
Character Stats:
Jutsu List:
Items:

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:31 am

Hiro Yui wrote:
Shisui Uchiha wrote:

Goes to show you didn't read the whole thing. I already wrote in the rules that "when Stamina hits 0, the ninja dies or faints". Which means here "Stamina" IS "HP".

Ok, that aside, let me ask you this. How do you reduce "HP" (or in this case Stamina) without using a fully-statistical system? I know for a fact that the vast majority of RPers can't stand fully-statistical systems because of all the calculation they have to do each post.

Then there not RPers, RPG's have used dice since the start. It's the reason Forumotion added a dice roll on here.
Back to top Go down
Hiro Yui
Hiro Yui
RPG System Leader

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:19 am

Doesn't dice rolling defeat the purpose of creative writing?

Assuming their ninja are equally powerful, wouldn't it be silly if a brilliant RPer loses to a much lazier (and less creative) person just because some program decided to give him a low dice roll instead of a high one?
Back to top Go down
Shisui Uchiha
Shisui Uchiha
Earth Daimyō

Shinobi Profile
Character Stats:
Jutsu List:
Items:

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:38 am

Hiro Yui wrote:
Doesn't dice rolling defeat the purpose of creative writing?

Assuming their ninja are equally powerful, wouldn't it be silly if a brilliant RPer loses to a much lazier (and less creative) person just because some program decided to give him a low dice roll instead of a high one?

No because D & D has Dice rolling and you also have to use creative Writing to play it. All Role Playing is based on Creative Writing.

Mission: Protect a Carpter from the Fire Country to the Sand Country!

Mission Stats: Defeat at less 2 rouge nin.

The mission is telling you want you are doing. You have to role play at the same time you roll dice to know who wins and who loses.

If your character dies in a mission your have to create a new one and start over.
Back to top Go down
Hiro Yui
Hiro Yui
RPG System Leader

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:27 pm

What you just wrote doesn't explain how creative writing would influence the course of a battle.

When 2 (or more) members meet in battle it won't make any difference if they write a 100 words or a 1000 words in their posts. In the end they still have to roll dice and the dice will be the ones deciding who won.
Back to top Go down
Shisui Uchiha
Shisui Uchiha
Earth Daimyō

Shinobi Profile
Character Stats:
Jutsu List:
Items:

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Hiro Yui wrote:
What you just wrote doesn't explain how creative writing would influence the course of a battle.

When 2 (or more) members meet in battle it won't make any difference if they write a 100 words or a 1000 words in their posts. In the end they still have to roll dice and the dice will be the ones deciding who won.

Yes but the writing is what explains what you are doing during that post. D & D has writing in it to explain what your doing during your turn. Samething for naruto can be done.
Back to top Go down
Hiro Yui
Hiro Yui
RPG System Leader

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:59 pm

The writing isn't relevant if you have dice. A lazy RPer can explain what he did in just 3 lines. A truly brilliant RPer will make a 500~1000 word post that will make want to read it over and over. If the brilliant RPer doesn't receive a reward, some kind of incentive, to keep writing so good (or worse, he loses to 3 liner posters) then he'll soon stop writing good posts and become a 3 liner himself. Without stimuli, lazy RPers will never even attempt to improve.
Back to top Go down
Shisui Uchiha
Shisui Uchiha
Earth Daimyō

Shinobi Profile
Character Stats:
Jutsu List:
Items:

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:07 am

Hiro Yui wrote:
The writing isn't relevant if you have dice. A lazy RPer can explain what he did in just 3 lines. A truly brilliant RPer will make a 500~1000 word post that will make want to read it over and over. If the brilliant RPer doesn't receive a reward, some kind of incentive, to keep writing so good (or worse, he loses to 3 liner posters) then he'll soon stop writing good posts and become a 3 liner himself. Without stimuli, lazy RPers will never even attempt to improve.

That is where the word limit comes into play at. If you have a 50 or 100 word post limit or a 300 word post limit. then you have to still use creative writing to play the game.
Back to top Go down
Hiro Yui
Hiro Yui
RPG System Leader

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:39 am

Shisui Uchiha wrote:
That is where the word limit comes into play at. If you have a 50 or 100 word post limit or a 300 word post limit. then you have to still use creative writing to play the game.

So basicly, writing under 300 words is met with a punishment and above it with...nothing. There is nothing to make people want to go that extra mile. No prize, no gain, no nothing.
Back to top Go down
Minato Namikaze
Minato Namikaze
Academy Teacher

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:15 am

dude do you realize how much 100 or 300 words is? thats a like of reading man. I my self dont see me writing that much just enought to let the player know what i'm doing and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Minato Namikaze
Minato Namikaze
Academy Teacher

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:04 am

The Way I see it. The awards can be like this!

Xp per Mission depending on total words wrote during mission.

D rank missions:
100 = 1XP
200 = 2XP
300 = 3XP
400 = 4XP
500 = 5XP

Something along those lines hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Shisui Uchiha
Shisui Uchiha
Earth Daimyō

Shinobi Profile
Character Stats:
Jutsu List:
Items:

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:20 am

What Minato said.

The Award for being more creative in the mission can be more XP
Back to top Go down
Hiro Yui
Hiro Yui
RPG System Leader

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:53 am

I am not making a dice rolling system. If you guys want it then go ahead, I'll have nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Shisui Uchiha
Shisui Uchiha
Earth Daimyō

Shinobi Profile
Character Stats:
Jutsu List:
Items:

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:16 am

Hiro Yui wrote:
I am not making a dice rolling system. If you guys want it then go ahead, I'll have nothing to do with it.

Ok make it how you want to run it then. I was just given you advise. I hope you are able to get people to play it, because almost everyone on this forum currently wont play without a type of dice system to know when your character is defeated.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Copied!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: Copied!!!!   Copied!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Copied!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Wars :: Creation and Character Center :: RPG FeedBack-
Jump to: